Technology is becoming an increasingly important tool in spreading the gospel around the world. The mission of the Information Technology (IT) Service department is to assist the departments of the Ontario Conference in using technology effectively in their ministries.
How We Serve
We serve by providing the necessary technical infrastructure that will enhance each ministry in their day-day functions
- Mobile Apps – Developed and maintained by the department, these apps provide easy access to news, events, as well as a directory of schools, churches, and listings of pastors and teachers. Our apps also provide an avenue whereby churches are able to post their events online and have them viewed on mobile devices.
- Website – Facilitate the exchange of information between the Ontario Conference and the field at large. Regularly updated news articles serves to inform and inspire our members. Registration for most conference events are done online.
- Webcasting – Our major events namely, Camp meetings, Maranathas, and School of Evangelism are broadcasted. Viewers are able watch these events live online.
- Email Accounts – Approximately 950 email accounts are managed by the department allowing effective communication among our pastors, teachers, elders, clerks, treasurers, bible workers, and office employees.
- Training and Technical Support – Our department provides support (hardware, software) and trains various ministries in using information technology in their service.
- Software Development – Where off the shelf software is not suited to our needs, the IT department develops and maintains proprietary church applications.